Origins Solids – Our solid color production begins with natural, uncolored post-consumer recycled polyethylene resin. To this, we add color pigment, either our standard colors or custom matched colors. We have 2 color charts below.
The first color chart is for, <250 Lbs., and is for the colors that we stock which are used for Origins Patterns. After we produce 0.015″ thick sheet by the extrusion process, we then grind it up into flakes which are mixed with other colors of flakes to become Origins Patterns. The “sf” in the color number captions below stands for “sheet flake”. We then compression mold the flakes to produce more interesting patterns than the industry standard shape which is round pellets.
The second color chart is an example of the wide spectrum of colors that we can produce. Additionally, we can match any color. Typically, we extrude thicker sheets in these colors and then laminate them together by compression molding to form solid color panels that are 3/4″, 1″ and 1-1/2″ thick and 48″ to 60″ wide. With this method, we can make as few as 5 or 10 panels in solid colors.
All of this resin manipulation takes time so for those needing panels quickly we offer limited colors as our Origins Quick Ship panels. These are simply extruded polyethylene panels that have been run to inventory.
Origins Solids Color Chart <250#
(Resin in flake form for orders less than 250 Lbs.)
Origins Solids made with sheet flake can be color batch sensitive and may contain unintended color spots. Lamination avoids spotting.
Origins Solids Color Chart >250#
(resin in flake form for orders greater than 250 Lbs.)
Origins Solids made with pellets can be color batch sensitive.
Origins Solids Pricing
Origins panels are available by quotation only. Pricing is based upon the number of panels that are made in one batch. A batch is a single color or mixture of colors. The larger the batch size, the lower the price per sheet. Our panel production time is approximately 8 weeks.
For example on pricing, go to Pricing.
- Panel sizes and (minimums) are 23″ x 48″ (2), 4′ x 8′ (1o) , 5′ x 10′ (5) and 56″ x 146″ (5)
- 1″, 1-1/4″, 1-1/2″ thick 4′ x 8′ panels have a minimum of (5).
- Panel gauges are 1/8″ (except 5′ x 10′ or 56″ x 146″), 1/4″ (except 56″ x 146″), 3/8″, 1/2″, 3/4″, 1″, 1-1/4″, 1-1/2″ (except 56″ x 146″), 2″ (except 5′ x 10′ or 56″ x 146″)
- Multiple colors may be combined to meet minimums.
- Patterns and Solids may be combined to meet minimums.
- Matte Textured/Pebble/Orange Peel finish is standard, smooth is optional.
- Masking is applied to both sides of panels 1/2″ and thicker.
- Add $0.60/sf for masking on less than 1/2″ panels
- Origins ships with the mold edge – all edges require trimming and will yield the full stated panel size.
- Colors are batch sensitive.
- Origins is not UV stabilized for orders under 3000 Lbs. per color.
- Origins is not fire-rated, it is more like a Class C.
- YH does not offer Health or Environmental Product Declarations for Origins.
- YH is not a member of any 3rd party certification organization.
- The lead time for panel production is about 8 weeks.
- Only extruded Origins Quick Ship panels are stocked.
Origins Panels Shipping Information –
Origins panels are stacked flat on a wood pallet. Each panel is protected by sheets of recyclable chipboard. Origins will ship via LTL (Less Than Truckload). Extended forks are required to move the load otherwise the flexibility of the panels will cause the pallet to break and potentially drive pallet nail heads through the packing material into the bottom panel. Origins weight calculation formula: L” x W” x T” x 0.036 = lbs. Add 400 lbs. tare per 4′ x 8′ pallet, 500 lbs. for 5′ x 10′ and 600 lbs. for 5′ x 12′ pallets. Origins is shipped LTL, NMFC – 44620, class 65. Packing Charges: $75.00 per pallet.
Origins Material Data
YH Terms of Sale
Prices and availability may change without notice.
We will provide a quotation for any inquiries and all orders are acknowledged to the customer.
All orders are subject to our Standard Terms and Conditions.
You may pay with a check drawn on a US bank.
Finally, the specifier and/or customer is responsible for determining the suitability of these products for their applications. Contact us for physical samples.