SECTION 06 00 00
WOOD, PLASTICS AND COMPOSITS
PART 1 GENERAL
1.1 RELATED DOCUMENTS
A. Drawings and general provisions of the Contract, including General and Supplementary Conditions and
other Division 1 specification sections, apply to this section.
A. This section refers to the Plastic Panel Material as specified in the Contract.
B. The extent of the Solid Polymer Panels is shown on the drawings.
1. Fabrication and installation information is available from the manufacturer.
C. Related Sections include:
1. 06 01 00 - Maintenance of Wood, Plastics, and Composites
2. 06 05 00 - Common Work Results for Wood, Plastics, and Composites
3. 06 08 00 - Commissioning of Wood, Plastics, and Composites
4. 06 10 00 - Rough Carpentry
5. 06 20 00 - Finish Carpentry
6. 06 40 00 - Architectural Woodwork
7. 06 50 00 - Structural Plastics
8. 06 60 00 - Plastic Fabrications
9. 06 70 00 - Structural Composites
10. 06 80 00 - Composite Fabrications
11. 08 15 00 - Plastic Doors
12. 08 80 00 - Glazing
13. 09 62 00 - Specialty Flooring
14. 10 11 00 - Visual Display Surfaces
15. 10 14 00 - Signage
16. 10 21 00 - Compartments and Cubicles
17. 10 22 00 - Partitions
18. 10 26 00 - Wall and Door Protection
19. 10 28 00 - Toilet, Bath and Laundry Accessories
20. 12 36 23 - Plastic Countertops
A. General: Submit listed submittals in accordance with Conditions of the Contract.
B. LEED: Provide documentation of how the requirements for credit will be met.
1. List of proposed materials with recycled content. Indicate pre-consumer and post-consumer content.
2. Product data and certification letter indicating percentage by weight of recycled content.
3. State proximity in distance miles from manufacturer to project.
C. Product Data: Include manufacturer's installation guide and property sheet for specified products.
D. Shop Drawings: Include plans, elevations, sections, panel dimensions, details and attachments to other
E. Samples: Submit selection and verification samples for color, pattern and texture.
F. Quality Assurance Submittals: Submit the following:
1. Certificates: If required, for performance characteristics of product specified.
2. Manufacturer's Instructions for installation.
G. Closeout Submittals:
1. Operation and Maintenance Data for installed products. Include methods for maintaining installed
products and precautions against cleaning materials and methods detrimental to finishes and performance.
2. Warranty documents specified herein.
1.4 QUALITY ASSURANCE
A. Manufacturer Qualifications: Company specializing in manufacturing products specified in this section
with minimum 15 years experience.
1. Manufacturer provides references for projects of similar size and scope.
B. Installer/fabricator Qualifications: Company specializing in performing Work using material in this
section with minimum three years experience.
C. Manufacturer provides recycling program for its material during fabrication, installation and at the end
of the material life cycle.
1.5 DELIVERY, STORAGE AND HANDLING
A. General: Comply with Division 1 Product Requirements Sections.
B. Comply with manufacturer's ordering instructions and lead time requirements to avoid construction delays.
C. Deliver materials in manufacturer's original, unopened, containers with identification labels intact.
D. Store materials in a flat, horizontal orientation.
E. Handle materials to prevent damage to finished surfaces. Provide protective coverings to prevent
damage during fabrication and installation.
1.6 PROJECT CONDITIONS
A. Maintain environmental conditions (temperature, humidity, and ventilation) within limits recommended by
manufacturer for optimum results. Do not install products under environmental conditions outside
manufacturer's absolute limits.
B. All plastic materials are to acclimate to the environmental conditions in which they are to be installed.
C. Field Measurements: Verify actual measurements/openings by field measurements before fabrication;
show recorded measurements on shop drawings. Coordinate field measurements and fabrication
schedule with construction progress to avoid construction delays.
A. Project Warranty: Refer to Conditions of the Contract for project warranty provisions.
B. Manufacturer's Warranty: Submit, for owner's acceptance, manufacturer's standard warranty
document executed by authorized company official. Manufacturer's warranty is in addition to and not
a limitation of, other rights Owner may have under Contract Documents.
1. Warranty Period: Limited 15 Year Warranty. Manufacturer warrants panel material ORIGINS to be
free of defects in material and workmanship for fifteen years from date of installation.
PART 2 PRODUCTS
2.1 PROPRIETARY MANUFACTURER
A. Manufacturer: Yemm & Hart Ltd, Contact - tel: 573-783-5434, fax: 573-783-7544,
email: yemmhart at hughes dot net, www.yemmhart.com.
B. No substitutions permitted.
A. ORIGINS: 100% (percent) post-consumer recycled polyethylene panels made from recycled
milk jugs and soap bottles.
1. Engineered HDPE resin.
2. Panel sizes: 24 x 48 (609 x 1219mm), 48 x 96 inches (1219 x 2438mm), 60 x 120 inches
(1524 x 3048mm), 56 x 146 inches (1422 x 3708mm).
3. Panel Gauges: 1/8 inch (3mm), 1/4 inch (6mm), 3/8 inch (10mm), 1/2 inch (13mm),
3/4 inch (18mm), 1 inch (25mm), 1-1/4 inch (32mm), 1-1/2 inch (38mm), 2 inch (50mm)
PART 3 EXECUTION
3.1 MANUFACTURER'S INSTRUCTIONS
A. Compliance: Comply with manufacturer's product data, including product technical bulletins,
product catalog, installation/fabrication instructions and product carton instructions for installation.
A. Site Verification of Conditions: Verify substrate conditions are acceptable for product installation in
accordance with manufacturer's instructions.
A. Follow manufacturer's installation instructions.
A. Remove temporary coverings, repair or replace damaged product, clean installed products in
accordance with manufacturer's instructions prior to Owner's acceptance. Remove and legally
dispose of construction debris from project site.
A. Protect installed products until completion of project.
END OF SECTION