SECTION 09 66 60
FLEXISURF - RESILIENT VINYL TILE & SHEET FLOORING
PART 1 GENERAL
A. The work of this section includes:
1. Recycled vinyl resilient sheet flooring.
2. Recycled vinyl resilient floor tile/interlocking tile.
B. Related Sections: Selections related to this section include:
1. Concrete Substrate: Division 3 Concrete Sections.
2. Plywood Substrate: Division 6.
A. Standards listed form a part of this specification.
1. ASTM G-21 Standard Test Method for Bacteria and Mildew Resistance.
2. ASTM D 751 Standard Test Method for Breaking Strength.
3. ASTM D 751 Standard Test Method for Elongation.
4. ASTM D 751 Standard Test Method for Tear Strength.
5. ASTM D 2047 Standard Test Method for Coefficient of Friction.
6. ASTM D 695 Standard Test Method for Compressive Strength.
7. ASTM E 648 Standard Test Method for Critical Radiant Flux.
8. ASTM E 648 Standard Test Method for Burn Distance.
9. ASTM D 2240 Standard Test Method for Shore Hardness.
10. ASTM F925 Standard Test Method for Chemical Resistance.
1.3 SYSTEM DESCRIPTION
A. Performance Requirements: Provide recycled rubber resilient flooring, which has been manufactured
and installed tomeet performance criteria stated by manufacturer without defects, damage or failure.
A. General: Submit listed submittals in accordance with Conditions of the Contract.
B. LEED: Provide documentation of how the requirements for credit will be met.
1. List of proposed materials with recycled content. Indicate pre-consumer and post-consumer content.
2. Product data and certification letter indicating percentage by weight of recycled content.
3. State proximity in distance miles from manufacturer to project.
C. Product Data: Include manufacturer's installation guide and property sheet for specified products.
D. Shop Drawings: Showing layout, profiles, components, anchorage, accessories and color formula.
E. Samples: Submit selection and verification samples for color.
F. Quality Assurance Submittals: Submit the following:
1. Certificates: If required, for performance characteristics of product specified.
2. Manufacturer's Instructions for installation.
G. Closeout Submittals:
1. Operation and Maintenance Data for installed products. Include methods for maintaining installed
products and precautions against cleaning materials and methods detrimental to finishes and performance.
2. Warranty documents specified herein.
1.5 QUALITY ASSURANCE
A. Manufacturer Qualifications: Company specializing in manufacturing products specified in this section with
minimum fifteen years experience.
B. Installer Qualifications: Company specializing in performing Work of this section with minimum three years
1.6 DELIVERY, STORAGE AND HANDLING
A. General: Comply with Division 1 Product Requirements Sections.
B. Comply with manufacturer's ordering instructions and lead time requirements to avoid construction delays.
C. Deliver materials in manufacturer's original, unopened, containers with identification labels intact.
D. Store materials at temperature and humidity conditions recommended by manufacturer.
1.7 PROJECT CONDITIONS
A. Maintain environmental conditions (temperature, humidity, and ventilation) within limits recommended by
manufacturer for optimum results. Do not install products under environmental conditions outside
manufacturer's absolute limits.
B. Field Measurements: Verify actual measurements/openings by field measurements before fabrication;
show recorded measurements on shop drawings. Coordinate field measurements and fabrication
schedule with construction progress to avoid construction delays.
C. The following standards apply:
1. ASTM F 710-08 Standard Practice for Preparing Concrete Floors to receive Resilient Flooring.
2. ASTM 1745-97 Standard Specification for Water Vapor Retarders.
3. ASTM E 1643 Standard Practice for Installation of Water Vapor Retarders used in contact with Earth
or Granular Fill Under Concrete Slabs.
4. ASTM E 96-00 Standard Test Method for Water Vapor Transmission of Materials.
A. Project Warranty: Refer to Conditions of the Contract for project warranty provisions.
B. Manufacturer's Warranty: Submit, for owner's acceptance, manufacturer's standard warranty document
executed by authorized company official. Manufacturer's warranty is in addition to and not a limitation of,
other rights Owner may have under Contract Documents.
1. Warranty Period: Limited 10 Year Warranty. Manufacturer warrants FLEXISURF to be free of defects
in material and workmanship for ten years from date of installation.
A. Extra Materials: Deliver to Owner extra materials from same production run as products installed.
Package products with protective covering and identify with descriptive labels.
1. Quantity: Furnish quantity of recycled rubber flooring units equal to [specify %] of amount installed.
2. Delivery, Storage and Protection: Comply with Owner's requirements for extra materials
PART 2 PRODUCTS
2.1 PROPRIETARY MANUFACTURER
A. Manufacturer: Yemm & Hart Ltd, Contact - tel: 573-783-5434, fax: 573-783-7544,
email: yemmhart at hughes dot net, www.yemmhart.com.
B. No substitutions permitted.
A. FLEXISURF: Pure extruded polyvinyl chloride and polyester fibers 1/8 to 1/4 inch (3mm to 6mm) thick,
plus or minus .010 inch (.254mm).
1. Size: Sheet 60 inches (1524mm) wide x 96 inches (2438mm).
2. Size: Tiles 60 x 60 inch (1524 x 1524mm) straight cut.
3. Size: Tiles 24 x 24 inch (610 x 610mm).
4. Size: Tiles 18 x 18 inch (457 x 457mm), interlocking.
PART 3 EXECUTION
3.1 MANUFACTURER'S INSTRUCTIONS
A. Compliance: Comply with manufacturer's product data, including product technical bulletins,
product catalog, installation instructions and product carton instructions for installation.
A. Site Verification of Conditions: Verify substrate conditions are acceptable for product installation
in accordance with manufacturer's instructions.
A. Surface Preparation: Specify applicable product preparation requirements.
A. Follow manufacturer's installation instructions.
A. Remove temporary coverings, repair or replace damaged product, clean installed products in
accordance with manufacturer's instructions prior to Owner's acceptance. Remove and
legally dispose of construction debris from project site.
A. Protect installed products until completion of project.
END OF SECTION